Friday, October 11, 2013

don't judge me

1. I'm almost certain people aren't judging my food choices, but I can't help feeling like they are. I bought a coffee for my mother-in-law yesterday, and because I didn't want the person behind the counter to think I'm drinking coffee during pregnancy, I got a drink for myself, even though I didn't actually want it. Today I got a burger from a takeaway bar (I feel like I'm going to be stoned for just writing that), and I felt like people were watching and disapproving the way we all did when those photos of Catherine Zeta-Jones, smoking when she was about to pop, came out. The thing is, I actually eat pretty healthily but no-one ever believes me - which is can be hilarious and frustrating, like when my Dad gave me a lecture about my health and diet and then served up dinner; a (yum) seafood curry and rice with NO vegetables in it. Since being pregnant, I've eaten even better, but no-one ever sees it, and then when I'm sitting here eating Doritos (which have never tasted so good), I feel as if someone's going to bust down the door and say "do you know what's IN that?!". So: I am eating lots and lots of vegetables. At least two servings of fruit. Tons of other good stuff. And I am also eating lollies (a little dollar bag from the dairy every other day). And Doritos. And today I ate a pineapple burger from the takeaway bar. So.

2. I'm watching X Factor. I watched it last night. I will probably watch it next Thursday and Friday too.

2 comments:

  1. Haha. What is wrong with a burer from the the takeaway bar! I thought pregnancy is all about eating whatever the heck u want, except if Its been sitting around in a display cabinet for 8 hours or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is in the movies!!! We were watching Fargo the other week and I was marvelling at what she was eating :) Maybe it's because I'm a judgemental bitch that I feel so guilty about the burgers etc... but all of my reading is about eating stuff that's good, and not wasting room on "empty calories". You can't win, unless your body is a temple. Mine is more like a community centre xoxo

      Delete